2019 Annual Genealogical Symposium & Workshop
The Augusta Genealogical Society announces the 2019 Annual Genealogical Symposium & Workshop
First Baptist Church, Augusta, Georgia
3500 Walton Way Ext., Augusta, GA 30909
Workshop: Friday August 9, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Symposium: Saturday August 10, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: Symposium: Members $50 – $55; Non-Members $55 – $60
Workshop: Members $35 – $45; Non-Members $40 – $50
Symposium registration fee includes snacks, lunch, syllabus, and lectures.
Workshop fee can be purchased separate from the Symposium
Speaker: Dr. Thomas W. Jones
Dr. Jones is an award-winning author, editor, educator, and researcher focusing on methods for challenging genealogical problems. He teaches courses at week-long genealogy institutes and speaks often for local, state, national, and international genealogical meetings. From 2003 through 2018 he co-edited the National Genealogical Society Quarterly, and he wrote the textbooks Mastering Genealogical Documentation and Mastering Genealogical Proof.
- Can a Complex Research Problem be Solved Solely Online?
- Follow-up: What Can Be Learned Offline About a Case Solved Online?
- Systematically Using Autosomal DNA Test Results to Help Break Through Genealogy Brick Walls
- Converting a Bunch of Information Into a Credible Conclusion
- Tax Roll Strategies: Analysis, Interpretation and Correlation
- Local Land Records: Analysis, Interpretation and Correlation
A Special limited seating (30) Workshop, August 9, 2019. Each topic is 75 minutes