The 2020 SCGS Annual Summer Workshop on July 10-11, 2020 was canceled due to the Pandemic. The 2021 SCGS Virtual 48th Annual Workshop will be held on July 10, 2021, via Zoom!
The first South Carolina Genealogical Society Annual Summer Workshop was held on June 10, 1972 at Columbia College in Columbia, SC. It was an all- day event with 88 attendees present. The Speaker was Leon S. Hollingsworth, a professional genealogist and author.
During the past 47 years, there have been some outstanding and knowledgeable presenters. Many topics and subjects have been covered! The goal today is to keep up this great legacy.
Just a few notes from the past:
- Elizabeth Shown Mills was a presenter on July 14, 1984
- Brent Holcomb made his first appearance on July 10, 1982. He spoke at the 2019 SCGS Workshop -37 years of sharing his knowledge and research!
- On August 8, 1981, a joint meeting was held with the North Carolina Genealogical Society in Charlotte, NC.
- 2018 Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist
- 2019 Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist
The 2021 SCGS Virtual 48th Annual Workshop will be held on July 10, 2021 9:00am-4:00pm, via Zoom!
This our first Virtual Workshop! Four Speakers will present five sessions!! Something for everyone!