Announcement! 2021 SCGS 49th Annual Summer Workshop – July 9-10, 2021 – Plans are underway to make this the biggest and best Workshop ever since we had to cancel the 2020 Workshop! Check the website often for further plans and announcements.
The first South Carolina Genealogical Society Annual Summer Workshop was held on June 10, 1972 at Columbia College in Columbia, SC. It was an all- day event with 88 attendees present. The Speaker was Leon S. Hollingsworth, a professional genealogist and author.
During the past 47 years, there have been some outstanding and knowledgeable presenters. Many topics and subjects have been covered! The goal today is to keep up this great legacy.
Just a few notes from the past:
- Elizabeth Shown Mills was a presenter on July 14, 1984
- Brent Holcomb made his first appearance on July 10, 1982. He spoke at the 2019 SCGS Workshop -37 years of sharing his knowledge and research!
- On August 8, 1981, a joint meeting was held with the North Carolina Genealogical Society in Charlotte, NC.
- 2018 Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist
- 2019 Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist
The 2020 SCGS 48th Annual Summer Workshop will be July 10-11, 2020.
Speakers and schedule will be announced as they are finalized. It will be a full 2 day event with breakout sessions and keynote speakers! Something for everyone!
This year, we had more than 300 people in attendance.
Two of the 2020 speakers will be Mark Lowe and Diahan Southard!
Kathrine Bolt Borges, ISOGG Director, will be returning for the 2020 Workshop. Check
back for additional speakers.